Noel is looking to hire a Parliamentary Assistant (PA) to work with him in his role as a Fine Gael TD representing the constituency of Dublin North-West.
The position, based primarily in the Deputy’s Constituency Office on 252 Swords Road, Dublin 9, will combine both the national dimension of the TD’s role as a national legislator, in addition to his community-based ethos of representation at local level.
The role will cross a wide range of fields. Some of the tasks for the position will include, but not be limited to:
– Being the primary support to the Deputy in all matters related to the position of TD, on all legislative, political, and administrative matters.
– Researching, preparing and presenting proposals for policy and legislative issues
– Organising Dáil speaking time, assisting legislative formation, and supplementary material for debates on a wide range of issues that arise in the Oireachtas, and the managing of parliamentary questions (PQs).
– Managing the Constituency Office in Dublin-North West on a full-time basis in an effective manner, with occasional need to work from the parliamentary office in Leinster House, when so requested by the Deputy.
– Handling all correspondence in their various formats between constituents and the Deputy, ensuring all constituent cases are handled in the most effective manner.
– Maintaining an efficient online filing system, ensuring all data is collated in a useable and secure manner.
– Coordinating diary management with the Deputy, and acting on behalf of the Deputy at the relevant meetings and gatherings.
– Preparing material for press events, drafting press releases, and handling coordination with the Fine Gael Press Office.
– Drafting speeches of various kinds for delivery at national and local conferences and events, including speeches to be delivered in the Dáil and Oireachtas Committees.
– Lead the development of political and informative literature for the Deputy in the constituency on both national and local issues.
– Organising and managing events in the constituency, such as public meetings and clinics.
– Conducting door-to-door canvassing across the constituency, including the management of canvasses with the political team, and arranging leaflet deliveries.
– Ensuring the online platform, including content, is consistency kept up-to-date.
– Other related duties as may be assigned by the Deputy as they arise.
Candidates must have the following:
– A political awareness and keen organisational sense
– Ability to work to constant tight deadlines, and changing priorities
– Excellent research skills and equally capable communicative skills.
– A strong work ethic and a “can do” attitude.
To apply for the position as Parliamentary Assistant (PA), please send a CV, no longer than three A4 pages, including full contact details of three referees, in textised PDF format to email@example.com.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday 2nd December at 10:30am.
Due to the volume of applications received, it is regrettable that only persons shortlisted will receive a response from the assessment committee.
The remuneration is based on a scale determined by the Houses of the Oireachtas, is not at the discretion of the Deputy, or Fine Gael.
Successful candidates will be subjected to full Garda Vetting in accordance with An Garda Síochána, as per standard Houses of the Oireachtas procedure.